- NOTICE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED AND DISCLOSED
This Policy tells you, among other things, what information we gather from you through our Web Site, how we may use or disclose that information, and our efforts to protect it.
In connection with your use of our Web Site, we may collect the following information:
- The domain name, but not the e-mail address, of visitors to our Web Site.
- The e-mail addresses of users who communicate with us via e-mail.
- Aggregate information on what pages on our Web Site users access or visit.
- Information volunteered by the user, such as site registration, e-mail update requests and product or service related inquiries.
- Information about your transactions with us or others.
We use the personally identifying information you voluntarily provide to register you as a user of the Web Site, to administer Web Site usage and monitor traffic-levels, and to contact you regarding improvements we can make to our Web Site and our services, if necessary. We may also use the information you provide to contact you directly regarding services, products or information that we believe may be of interest to you. Except as disclosed in this Policy, we will not use your information for any purpose that you have not expressly authorized.
From time to time, we may also disclose information to fulfill certain legal and regulatory requirements or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is legally required or necessary to protect others’ rights or to prevent harm.
You may choose to restrict our use of your information. If you are a user of our Web Site or services, you may restrict distribution of your information by indicating such restrictions in your account when asked. On our Web Site, you have the option to remove your name and personal information from any information that will or may be disclosed to a third party although disclosures to law enforcement or to meet other legal requirements may still be required.You may exercise your choice to “opt-out” of providing personal information in many ways. When selecting certain services or features of our Web Site, you can choose whether to share personal information with respect to the particular service or feature.You may also “opt-out” entirely from providing personal information to us by not providing information or registering on our Web Site. You may also choose at a later date to have your name removed from our database. However, certain sections of our Web Site do require registration in order to use these sections and services. If you choose not to register or provide certain information, these sections will not be available for your use.
- ONWARD TRANSFER (TRANSFERS TO THIRD PARTIES)
If we propose to disclose your information to a third party that is acting as our agent or on our behalf, we will ensure that the third party has agreed to assure adequate protection of your information.
Your account containing your information is password-protected. Only those who log on with your password can access your account. We have taken appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, please remember that you play a valuable part in security as well. You are responsible for protecting your password for accessing your account. After you have finished using the Web Site, you should log off and exit your browser so no unauthorized persons can use our Web Site with your name and account information. Furthermore, if you provide any information to parties who operate web sites that are linked to or from our Web Site, different rules may apply to their collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such other sites before revealing any sensitive or personal information. Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. We cannot ensure or warrant the ultimate security of any information you transmit.
A cookie is a small data file that certain web sites write to your computer’s hard drive when you visit those sites. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that a web site uses to track the pages you have visited. A persistent cookie allows the web site to remember you on subsequent visits. We do set persistent cookies.
- AD SERVERS
We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
HealthMarkets, Inc. is concerned about the safety of children and their use of the Internet. This Web Site is not directed at children under the age of 18 and HealthMarkets, Inc. does not knowingly receive, collect or use any personal or health-related information or data from children under the age of 18 for any purpose, including for any marketing purpose without prior parental consent. As used in these terms and conditions: (i) personal information includes any individually identifiable information, such as name, address, social security number, email address, or any combination of identifiers, and (ii) health information includes any information relating to health, nutrition, drug use, physical condition, mental health, medical history, or medical insurance coverage. If HealthMarkets, Inc. receives actual knowledge that we have received any such personal information without the required verifiable parental consent, we will delete the information from our database as soon as we practically can.
- LINKING TO OTHER WEB SITES
- CHANGES IN OWNERSHIP
In the event that ownership of HealthMarkets, Inc. was to change as a result of a merger, acquisition or transfer to another company, personal information that you provide to HealthMarkets, Inc. through this Web Site may be transferred. If such a transfer results in a material change in the use of your personal information, HealthMarkets, Inc. will provide notice about your choices to decline to permit such a transfer.
- EFFECTIVE DATE AND FUTURE CHANGES
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice explains what Personal Information (“PI”) we collect about you, why we collect it, and how we use it. This notice also describes your rights regarding your PI.
What Personal Information We Collect and Disclose For a Business Purpose
We may collect the following information:
- real name
- postal address
- email address
- unique personal or online identifier
- internet protocol (IP) address
- account name
- social security number (SSN)
- driver’s license or passport number
- physical characteristics or description
- state identification card number
- insurance policy number
- employment or employment history
- bank account number, credit card number, debit card
- number, or any other financial information
- medical information or health insurance information
Characteristics of Protected Classifications
- voice prints, palm prints, finger prints
- face and iris scans
Internet Activity Information
- browsing history
- search history
- information regarding your interaction with our websites, applications, or advertisements
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Professional or employment-related information
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use and disclose your PI for a number of business purposes, such as:
- To respond to an email or particular request from you
- To communicate with you
- To personalize services for you
- To process an application as requested by you
- To administer surveys and promotions
- To provide you with information that we believe may be useful to you, such as information about products or services provided by us or other businesses
- To perform analytics and to improve our products, websites, and advertising
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal processes
- To protect someone’s health, safety, or welfare
- To protect our rights, the rights of affiliates or related third parties, or take appropriate legal action
- To keep a record of our transactions and communications
- To detect and protect against security incidents
- To debug to identify and repair errors
- As otherwise necessary or useful for us to conduct our business, so long as such use is permitted by law
We will not sell your PI and we will only disclose PI to third parties or service providers assisting us with the business purposes described under this section.
Our service providers are not allowed to use or disclose your PI other than as specified in our contract and as permitted by law.
What are Your Rights
- You have the right to request any of the following information about the PI that we collect about you:
- What PI we collect about you
- Where and from whom we collect PI about you
- Our business purpose for collecting PI about you
- The types of third parties with whom we share your PI
- The specific pieces of PI we collect about you
- The types of PI that we disclosed about you for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed your PI
- You have the right to receive the information referenced above free of charge; by mail or electronically; and in a portable and readily useable format, to the extent possible.
- You have the right to be informed about the PI that we collect about you at or before we collect it. This is that notice.
- You have the right to request that we delete any PI about you that we have. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why.
- We will honor your rights by not:
- Denying you services
- Charging you different prices or rates for services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing you with a different level or quality of services